Elevate Summer Sales with your Hospitality Gift Voucher Shop
Summer Gift Experience Trends in 2023
With some fun notable events taking place over the summer months there are still plenty of reasons for customers to purchase gift experiences to celebrate…so include these events on your social and newsletter activity.
- Teacher gifts - Leaving School/College
- International Day of Friendship
- National Picnic Month
- World Chocolate Day
- National Prosecco Day
- National Afternoon Tea Week
Afternoon Tea Summer Edition
The classic Afternoon tea is still up there as being the most popular gift voucher experience to be had with themed enhancements often adding a sense of exclusivity. We’ve seen some great ideas out there including a London Landmarks afternoon tea in Kensington, a Charlie and the Chocolate Factory-inspired afternoon tea in Covent Garden, Barbie-themed offerings to coincide with the movie launch and for those who have more of a savoury preference, there is even a Chicken Wing afternoon tea in Hackney!
With the long summer holidays ahead, this is the perfect opportunity to treat the younger ones to something a little special too, an example being an afternoon tea exclusively for children! Be inspired by our top featured afternoon tea's ...
Vibrant Summer Dining
We are also seeing trends for beautiful floral Patisserie Platters, Bottomless Brunches, Light Bites, Cocktails, Tasting Menus and Sharing Boards (savoury or sweet)…all of which exude thoughts of long summer days.
Whether it's a City, Country or Coastal experience you wish to promote there is an abundance of ideas out there to help you create a unique gift to help drive your summer sales.
Summer Celebrations around the World!
Summer is the optimum time for celebrating culture, arts music and food, so here’s a snapshot of events around the world to gather some inspiration for creating something new or unique for your own mini summer voucher event!
Dragon Boat Festival, China in June – One of the most exciting traditions held annually in China
Pride month in June – A month dedicated to celebrating LGBTQ+ communities all around the world. The worldwide event attract millions to spread love and awareness.
Independence Day, United Sates in July – did you know that 150 million hot dogs are consumed each Fourth of July weekend!
Bastille Day, France in July – A national public holiday whereby people across the country gather to celebrate with fireworks, parades, picnics and parties.
International Day of Friendship in July – This is the perfect opportunity for friends to come together and celebrate life, happiness and kindness for their loved ones.
Edinburgh Fringe Festival in August – This is the world’s largest art festival and can last as long as a little over three weeks!
La Tomatina, Spain in August – This Spanish festival proudly holds the title for the world’s largest food fight!
Henley Royal Regatta, UK in June – The most prestigious regatta in the world this is a rowing event held annually on the River Thames, England.
Royal Ascot, UK in June – One of Britain’s most well-known and loved racecourses, Ascot holds a special week in June each year.
Glastonbury Festival, UK in June – The largest greenfield music and performing arts festival in the world held over five days.
Top Tips to Boost Summer Sales
- Create a discount code to be applied at checkout – who doesn’t love to get a little something off when making a purchase
- Create bespoke vouchers with shorter redemption dates encouraging customers to visit you during the Autumn months
- Create an exclusive offer to a select target audience and send an email blast to VIP customers
- Adding value to promote gift voucher, create ‘Add-ons’ – Sell a voucher at full price and then include a little something extra. i.e. adding a complimentary bottle of fizz to a gift voucher for a stay
- Create gift vouchers around a specific theme or event, i.e. a designated ‘Teacher Gift’ or ‘Wedding Gift’
- It sounds obvious but do ensure that your gift voucher shop button is clearly visible on your website and utilise your social media to maximise audience engagement.
- We can also arrange ‘ask me about gift vouchers’ button badges for your team to wear to help promote vouchers, along with print collateral such as tent cards, table talkers flyers and bill holders to take away. Contact our friendly team to find out more.