Add some sparkle, jolly, twinkle into your Gift Voucher experiences this Christmas.
How to add some sparkle to your Christmas Gift Voucher Shop
Christmas…the season of hope and goodwill. Visions of picture-perfect Christmas scenes with family and loved ones gathered, tables adorned with endless luxurious food, beautifully wrapped gifts and twinkling lights…gets us right in the warm and fuzzies.
The Gift of Giving
The task of buying a gift can often leave us feeling a little frazzled and overwhelmed. Gifts given at Christmas are symbolic of the tributes made to baby Jesus by the Three Wise Men after his birth during the story of the Nativity. Their offerings of gold, frankincense and myrrh caught on and the tradition of gift giving has become what it is today.
It is important to recognise the fact that we are becoming increasingly more aware of the wellbeing of our planet and looking at recent trends for gift ideas consumers are steering away from the less meaningful ‘stuff’ and focusing more on memory making experiences. Online shopping is huge business and this is where your gift voucher shop will come into its own.
“Happiness doesn’t result from what we get, but from what we give”
Top Christmas Gift Experiences
Current trends indicate that the top three gift experiences are Afternoon Tea, followed by Monetary and then Spa.
Top Tips and Ideas
- You can get as creative as you’d like with your Afternoon Tea experiences, one idea could be enhancing to a themed option…why not take inspiration from the new ‘Willy Wonka’ movie about to be released!
- Create a Christmas Category for all those vouchers you wish to feature as a Christmas gift experience. Call the category ‘Christmas Gift Guide’ or ‘Christmas Gifts’ and share the link to your Christmas gift vouchers on your social media and website. This will give your customers a clear idea on what you have featured.
- Get the most out of selling your gift voucher experiences by setting up some exclusive deals and promoting ahead of Chrismas.
- It is also worth noting that the giving of gifts is not limited to family and we often see customers making purchases for their wider circle….friends, colleagues, employees, service providers. Giving you plenty of scope to offer a wide range of gift experiences in your Christmas category.
- Don’t forget customers also have the option to email a gift voucher. Vouchers can be purchased way beyond the last postal day (which this year falls on Tuesday 19th December). This gives the flexibility of them being emailed to the lucky recipient even on Christmas Day itself.
- Google Analytics tells us that within the period of June ’22 to July ’23 the best browsing day was a Monday however the best buying day was a Friday. With that in mind ensure that you are strategically promoting across your social platforms at these optimal times of the week.
Keep cash flowing...
Speak to our Gift Voucher Brilliance team about previous best-selling vouchers and how to keep cash flowing with your online shop.