Here come the holidays…
Reach for the stars this festive season
Did you know? Over half of UK shoppers say they research online before buying and 57% of shopping time is now spent online! (Source: Google/Ipos, Global Retail Study, Feb 2019).
With more and more seasonal shoppers using their mobile to purchase a gift it’s important that your voucher shop allows customers to shop on the go.
Here at Gift Voucher Brilliance we strive to improve and progress as new technologies evolve, with that in mind our shiny NEW Gift Voucher Brilliance solution will be available to existing clients and new clients in January 2020. If you fancy a sneak peek at the behind the scenes action, email our Gift Voucher Manager, Tina or come and say hi at the Independent Hotel Show, Olympia (stand F13) on the 15th and 16th October.
Whilst the gift voucher elves are hard at work, don’t let this key seasonal moment pass you by.
There are plenty of opportunities to maximise your marketing and make 2019 the best year yet for your voucher sales.
Here are 6 top tips from our marketing specialists:
- Create a Christmas Shop – amend your seasonal category to ‘Christmas Gifts’. Add in your Christmas treats such as ‘Festive Afternoon Tea’, ‘Mulled Wine and Mince Pies’ or ‘Gin Gift Set’.
- Create a Launch Event – setup a Facebook event for your gift shop launch. Build-up hype with a countdown, invite your followers and guests to join, post special offers or Christmas gift ideas to promote. What’s more you can boost your event to a wider audience with social advertising. Not sure where to begin… give us a call!
- VIP Communications – send your loyal and engaged guests’ emails, mailings or message notifications with new vouchers and a link to your Christmas gift shop. Make them feel special, offer a window of discount with a limited time frame to create urgency and kick start your voucher sales.
- You, You, You – you are your biggest opportunity! Think about your existing products or services, can you turn them into gift vouchers? Add a seasonal touch to your current offering such as ‘Twinkle Toes’, ‘Spa-rkle Package’ and ‘Cinnamon & Spice Indulgence’.
- Secret Santa – tis’ the season to collaborate with local businesses to offer something different such as a ‘Festive Gin Indulgence Hamper’ or ‘Whisky Gift Set’. Allow customers to pop in and collect for a personalised gift experience.
- Gift Guide – the best way to share your gift vouchers, a beautifully designed Christmas gift guide with gift ideas including ‘Gifts for Her’, ‘Gifts for Him’ and ‘Stocking Fillers’. Not on the Highstreet, Fat Face and the National Trust do this incredibly well!
With the holiday shoppers already out there’s no time like the present to connect with your customers, new and old.
The must-have gift vouchers for Christmas 2018 were:
- Spa Day
- Afternoon Tea
Don’t give up on the momentum in December, continue right through to the last moment. There will ALWAYS be last minute shoppers curious on Christmas Eve. Good luck and remember we are here every step of the way.